Friday, November 21, 2008

Have you seen Twilight yet?


Today at noon, Tyler and I went to go see, "Twilight." I hadn't read the book, so I didn't know what to expect. But, Tyler had, and he was so excited to go and see the movie and was so glad that he didn't have to wait until after his mission. As we were driving there, Tyler said, "Mom, why don't we just act like you are dragging me along to this movie, ok." I said, "Yeah Tyler, I guess we better, because you know I heard this was a Chick Flick." Anyway, the movie was good I thought, and Tyler really liked seeing it after reading the book. Yes, there were guys in the Theater - mostly husbands that were dragged in there by their wives. No, just kidding...there were some teenage guys too, but about 95 percent women. Since it is only 4 more days until Tyler leaves, we had great quality time together. One more thing, I notice that everytime I go somewhere with Tyler, the girls are always checking him out....what nerve they have!!!

Tomorrow our family, and my parents will celebrate our Thanksgiving together since Tyler will leave just before. I just learned this morning from the church travel office that there will be 4 other missionaries travelling to South Africa - yeah - Ty won't be alone! One is going to Durban like Tyler. The other 3 are going to Johannesburg (mission). They will all be in the MTC together. I am grateful he will have buddies with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i can picture him saying that! (about acting like you were dragging him to the movie)

and that's great that he will already have friends when he gets there. but i wouldn't worry either way..he makes friends so easily it seems like..